Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

A few days in London with Tayyibah!

Hi guys! 

I've just got home from spending an awesome few days with my lovely friend Tayyibah in London. I took the train down on Saturday morning and I got in to London in the afternoon.

Tayyibah has started a YouTube channel which is super exciting - You can check it out here, so after a couple hours of frustrating editing and uploading, the Q&A vid was finally uploaded and we headed out, taking the bus to Camden. 

Camden Town is a part of London I have never experienced before, I've heard a lot of the markets there so I was excited to check it out! It was quite overwhelming, the amount of people there and the overall vibe was cool! There certainly were a lot of characters! The shops were very quirky, with huge shoes attached to the top of the buildings - it was insane! 

We browsed the markets for a while, I spotted a few cool jewellery stalls that I was interested in but I came back with a cute dress from a store called Lily-J (may do an OOTD with that soon) 

We also visited this amazing store called Cyberdog, it was dark with neon flashing lights and pumping music! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures in there but we did take pics with the huge robot and it makes me laugh how this lady just casually photobombed Tayyibah's photo heheheh....




After hanging around Camden for a few hours we took the Tube to Tottenham Court Road and stopped for sushi at Wasabi.. We also vlogged a little in there so check out Tayyibah's channel to see that. I think it may be uploaded towards the end of the week! 

We ended the day at home with hot chocolate / tea and a late night movie - Daybreakers which was somewhat gory and disgusting but overall pretty good! 

DAY ii:

After getting up at 10 it took us a couple of hours to decide what to do.. We did think about visiting the National History Museum or Madame Tussauds but instead we hopped on the tube down to Holborn and from there we had a helluva awesome journey walking around Central London.. (Be proud of me Tayy for using 'helluva' lol) 

Starting from Holborn, armed with a DSLR in hand, we started walking to Convent Garden. Tayyibah is building up her photography portfolio so the photos were mainly focused on architecture and such.. 


At Convent Garden we stopped at Laduree and I bought some of their world famous macarons for my little brother who has been talking about them for a while! My god, are they heavenly, my favourite is the chocolate flavour!! 


Tayy's awesome photography! 


After browsing Convent Garden we walked to Leicester Square, passed the M&M store.. the smell was just beautiful! Taking in the sights, vlogging and photo taking we walked down Piccadilly down to Hyde Park corner, Buckingham Palace and strolled through Green Park, we were blessed with beautiful weather! The sun was shining so it was a great day for London adventures! 








If anyone has been reading since last year you may remember Tayyibah and I went to the Trocadero last year! 




We bought lunch and sat in Trafalgar Square to rest our feet (my feet were killing but Tayyibah was still going strong! Perks of climbing Ben Nevis!!). I love the atmosphere around Trafalgar Square, its so chilled and amazing.






We vlogged a little, took more photos and I sat in the crowd and played 'Where's Wally' or in this case.. Wheres Mary!? Hehe.. Can you spot me?!

From Trafalgar Square we went up to Southbank and admired the views of Big Ben and the London Eye... It was so chilled and ahhh amazing, I'm missing the vibe already, just writing about it! 











We also spotted the Snog frozen yogurt bus which was pretty cool.. 
At this point my feet were almost dead haha.. So we walked in to The City and took the tube from Bank to Oxford Circus. It was around 7pm and probably the quietest I've witnessed Oxford Street. Most of the shops were closed but we stopped at Costa (of course!) to relax and then headed home...

The day was finished with the movie Grown Ups which was pretty hilarious!
Today was my last day in London, we chilled around the flat and I helped Tayyibah film a video for her YouTube channel so watch out for that! I also got a high five from the cat which was awesome hehe! 

Thanks for reading, I know this was a long one!

Don't forget to check out Tayyibah's Youtube channel and send her lots of love ; ) 



 xxx










































No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)