Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Back to School / College Tips + Haul!

Hey guys! 

So September has rolled around which means schools and colleges have started again here in the UK. I know some of you may have already started but I thought I'd do a quick post about my first year at college and a few tips to help you get through yours! 



Yesterday, I went shopping with my brother and I spent way more than I intended to! I stocked up on a lot of winter clothes and supplies for school. I may do a separate winter clothing haul so look out for that! 

Anyway, I wanted to share some things I bought with you because it may or hopefully will help any of you out there and a few tips that I have learnt from my personal experience of my first year at college! 

Staying organised - 

I bought some of my stationary from Paperchase and a few bits & bobs from Tiger. I also got these cute folders from Accessorize. You don't have to buy fancy folders if you don't want to but I think its cool and makes my workspace look better, so its a better way for me to stay organised. I think its a female thing where you buy pretty things that make you more motivated to do your work... (Please tell me I'm not the only one, hehe!)


From Paperchase I got a couple of refill pads. You may want to stock up on these because you will go through a hell of a lot of paper!! I'm not sure about other colleges but at mine, we don't tend to use exercise books - rather paper and folders. 

I bought this 'Padfolio' from Paperchase. I've never seen anything like it before - it has a clipboard at the front and inside it has a refill pad, which is removable and a pocket for other documents. I thought this was a really clever idea especially if you only use paper! They also had a few different styles.




It can also be quite annoying to ask other people to borrow their things so I always check how much paper you have left and your pens / pencils also : 

Homework organisation: 

Last year I bought a planner, which I never used! Throughout my first year of college, I didn't write my homework down and when I did I wrote it at the back of my refill pad which I never looked at so I often (not all the time!) ended up doing my homework very last minute!! Sometimes an hour before the lesson started! So this year I don't want to make the mistake and you shouldn't either! ; ) 

I got this cool planner from Paperchase, I know a planner can be quite 'school-ish' but even using a diary just to jot your work down is fine. 

I've also found To-Do lists really handy recently and I just make them in a little diary I purchased from Tiger for £2! 



College is a fresh start, so don't be afraid to make new friends and enjoy yourself : ) I have met some awesome people over the past year and like college a lot more than I did school (hated school...)

Thanks for reading guys, I hope this helps.
Good luck to everyone starting a new school / college / university or even job! 

: ) 







1 comment :

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)