Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

DIY Earring holder - Easy & Inexpensive!

Hey guys! 


 The other day I was browsing Pinterest - one of my favourite online sites to gather inspiration and get creative! As you may know, my latest obsession has been to collect earrings ever since finding out I'm not allergic to them! When I used to wear them a few years ago my ears would go lumpy and really sore - all spare you the details but it wasn't the most pleasant experience I have to say.. 

Over the past few weeks I have collected quite a few pairs and have needed a place to store them so I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to try it for myself. It's really easy and very cheap also. 

Here is what you will need: 

- A frame: I bought mine from Tiger for only £2! 
- Chains: I bought mine from eBay for only 99p
- Pliers 
- Tape or Superglue 
- Your earrings (of course!) 



How to make it: 

1) Turn your frame around so you are working from the back and remove the cardboard and glass pieces. 

2) Measure how much chain you need from one side of the frame to the other and use your pliers to cut the chain

3) Use either your tape or superglue and secure the chain down on both sides. It doesn't matter how messy this is because it won't be shown. As you can see mine is very messy! 



4) Place the glass back in and secure it using the four metal pieces on each side of the frame. 
I didn't put the cardboard back in but if you want the frame to stand on a desk put the cardboard back in. 
You can even add a picture to personalise it! 

5) Turn the frame back around, hook your earrings through the small holes of the chain et voila! 

An earring holder. The only problem is it doesn't hold studs, but if you're like me and prefer to wear dangly earrings then this is perfect for you. 



Hope you enjoyed reading and let me know if you try this out! 

Tag me on Instagram: @m4ryam
Tweet me a picture: @_m4ryam_

Take care

xxx



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)