Pages

Saturday 25 July 2015

Updated Makeup Storage / My Makeshift dressing table

A few months ago, I did a makeup collection video. Since then my collection may have increased just a liiitle *she says nervously* For some reason my lipstick collection has seemingly expanded and I needed better organisation. If you saw that video you would know I kept all of my makeup in the bottom drawer of my wardrobe. However, after I finished my exams I had a whole chest of drawers that were free from paperwork *sighs in relief!* And the drawers needed filling up so what better time reorganise my stash. 

I wanted to created my own makeshift dressing table seeing as I don't have one at the moment so I did a few things to make it a little more 'dressing table-ey'. 
This is the little corner of my makeup room. I bought this mirror from Homesense for around £20. The little pots are from India as a gift from my lovely aunty Peeny and the Laduree box contains a very delicious looking macaroon keyring. My brushes are held in this cute little pot from a little independent store in the Leicester Lanes. 

I took these pictures below at night so the blinds were down but during the day I get really good lighting because of the big windows. 


This chair is actually for my desk so I take it up and down my room when I need it.





More importantly, what's inside the drawers! In the first top drawer I keep my mascaras, eyeliners, foundations, concealers, lipsticks and cream eyeshadows and gel eyeliners. These storage containers from Muji come in very handy to section everything off. I've also got a set of false individual lashes and my Real Techniques Makeup sponge on their lonesome as they fit that space nicely. 


I still need a better solution in storing those MAC Lipsticks because they are currently jumbled up in there so if you have any suggestions please let me know! 


In the drawer next to this I stare my face powders, blushers, bronzers, skincare, nail polishes and random bits and bobs such as deodorant, hijab pins and makeup remover


Then, in the 3rd drawer, I reorganised my jewellery collection in to this handy unit from Stackers which I got in John Lewis. I placed that in the middle and There was enough space for my makeup palettes to fit around it perfectly! 


And that is it folks! For now, it's working extremely well. It's so easy to keep it neat and organised as everthing has it's own place. I am thinking of a better way to store my MAC lipsticks as it's do damn annoying trying to find the exact one you want! *reminisces of endless days picking up each lipstick to find the exact one I wanted* can you relate?

Take care,

Maryam.





No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)