Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

The Thoughts of an Introvert #3: Who Am I?

Who am I? Who are you? Do we truly know we are? Do our passions, hobbies, interests define us or is it the way we act, think or carry ourselves? What makes you the person you are?

In all honesty I do not really know who I am. I know what I am and what my purpose here is but who am I truly? At my age, I feel like I am at this awkward stage of trying to figure out who I am, whilst being told what I should expected to be and what is expected of me.  

What I most look forward to is the age where I can finally say 'this is who I am' or this is what was meant for me. I want to be happy, content with what I have achieved. I want to be loved but to also be at ease with myself (something I have not been throughout 99% of my teen years)

This awkward age where you are ending your teen years, not quite the end and entering your adult life but not quite there yet, is a difficult and confusing path to lead. Why? Because, there are instilled expectations of what you must be doing or if you are not following a social norm you can be classified as deviant. A lot of 'older' people seem to look down and frown upon the idea of not going to university, sorry but there are people out there who don't want to leave uni and start their lives in £50K debt! (I am going to uni but I'm speaking for the 'non uni attendees' here!) 

I have always wanted the 'university experience' and I am bloody excited (and nervous) to start this October but there is something about fresh starts that is so 'refreshing'? XD 
I feel as though university may be able to provide me with the chance to get to know myself and give myself the opportunity to find more about me. As I get to do a course I am so passionate about, I can focus my energy in a positive way, surely it can only bring about the best? 

Maybe not. 

But God is the best of planners and if I don't find myself at uni, I don't. It is only what I hope to expect. But sometimes expectations are disappointing (we can't always be optimistic, let's be real). Many people do not find themselves until they reach their 30's. 40's. 50's. 60's.. And that's ok. 

Do you know who you really are?




No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)