Pages

Saturday 18 July 2015

Eid Ul Fitr 2015

Eid Mubarak! I celebrated Eid on Friday 17th July this year and I hope you had a great day too whichever day you celebrated! It seems to have become a tradition for me to write up an Eid post every single year since I started blogging and an Eid post was one of my very first! So to continue this 'tradition' here we go! 

Starting with my makeup, you can watch the video here to see how I got ready. 

Details:
Face makeup

Nars tinted moisturiser 'Alaska'
Nars Radiant creamy concealer 'Custard'
Benefit 'Hoola' 
Benefit 'Rockateur' blusher
Nars Narsissist Palette - rose gold eyeshadow used as a highlighter

Eyes:
Lorac Pro Palette 'Garnet' all over my eyes and lower lash line
Etude House Brush Liner 'Black'
Stila Eyeliner 'Black' This is really old and since has been repackaged after the company was bought out by someone else. 
Maybelline 'The Falsies' Mascara

Lips:
Rimmel lipliner 'Tiramisu'
Mac Lipstick 'Captive' - my new favourite! 




Outfit details:
Thanks to Peeny for taking my outfit pictures

Jacket, dress, jeans, necklace: Zara
Scarf: H&M
Shoes: Aldo (I'm a little granny at heart so I don't do heels that often and these sandals are amazingly comfortable!)





Awkward poses! 





Eid always starts with a lovely breakfast of 'Semiya' (Vermicelli) and 'Halwa' (Semolina). My mum never fails to make it super delicious so I always go back for seconds.. 
My aunty Peeny stayed over the night before so it was really nice to have her around, she made this amazing Strawberries and cream cake *drools* and then I also made these triple chocolate cookies (Tanya Burr recipe). 

We went over to my uncles house to feast! Kebabs, spring rolls, rice, chicken... Ahhhh! And the cake and cookies for dessert. The Eid day was pretty much the same as every Eid.. Sitting and eating all day! =)






My mum wore this stunning dress from Cecile, a scarf from Anthropologie and necklaces from Tiffanys (small rose gold one) and J Crew (larger one). 



I hope you all had a lovely Eid! 


Maryam

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)