Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

My Eid Day and Outfit!


I've never really been one to wear traditional Asian clothes on Eid, I tend to gravitate towards clothes that I will be able to wear again and again otherwise it's just a waste (in my opinion). This year I quite liked my outfit, usually I go quite casual in just a dress and jeans and last Eid if you read my blog post I wore a sweater and jeans! While I was in town a few days before Eid the hunt for something to wear became rather stressful and annoying because I had nothing until New Look - the very last shop I entered came to my rescue! I spotted two ladies looking at this kimono and when I saw it, It was a Hallelujah Praise the Lord moment!!! Off to the changing rooms I went with the kimono and the t-shirt I'm wearing in the pictures and I knew I had my outfit! I also bought a plain black maxi skirt from H&M but then realised it was too dark against the tops so I wore this skirt which also features in my previous OOTD. 
For my shoes I decided to stick to comfort over style and wore flip flops! I only sat around in a house all day so it was all good! 



 
I'm such an awkward poser... XD



T shirt and Kimono: New Look
Scarf: Unknown
Skirt: H&M




I also tied my scarf in to more of a summery 'turban-ish' style and I've been really enjoying wearing it this way especially in such hot weather it's nice to be able to feel a little more breezy! 

For my makeup I kept it pretty simple: I used the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette with a brown eyeliner (UD 24/7 pencil). On my face I used a small amount of Nars Tinted Moisturiser, the Nars Creamy Concealer, Rimmel Bronzer and Max Factor cream blusher. And finally on my lips I used a nude lipliner and my favourite lip gloss - MAC Full For You. 

So I got dolled up and had nowhere to go for about 3 hours so I did some work for my dad, took blog pictures and I ATE!! It felt so good to be able to eat during daylight hours and my mum had made 'Semiyah' on Eid morning - so good!! 
Anyone else get dressed and made up with nowhere to go?! 

This year's Eid was ok but its not the same when some family members are missing! My aunty Peeny, I know you'll be reading this) couldn't make it because of work and my dad also had to spend a lot of the day at work so I visited him for a few hours. 

Hope you all had a lovely Eid. Thanks for reading! We are officially one week away from One year of blogging! Exciting times..! 



1 comment :

  1. Your outfit looks lovely. Especially the kimono.

    Glad it wasn't the same without me ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)