Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Perfect Nude! -Tom Ford 06 Abandon-

If you don't have a clue about beauty or just have a very dirty mind then you probably won't know that the title of this post suggests that I'm talking about a lipstick colour... not anything else you had on your mind! 

Anyway on to the lipstick! ;P 

This is the oh so wonderful Tom Ford's nude lipstick in 'Abandon'. I could never justify the price of these lipsticks but luckily my lovely momma passed this down to me and I love it! Nudes are difficult I feel, especially for my skin tone, I'd never been able to find one that didn't make me look washed out or concealer lip-ed (except for a Lipstick Queen one :P)

It is a lovely peachy beige colour with no shimmer, but leaves a sheen on the lips - not too shiny, yet not too matte. I love the consistency - it's creamy and moisturising. I'd say its in between a lip balm and lipstick, not as moisturising as a normal lip balm but not as dry as your average lipstick. The only downside to it is the longevity, it will need constant application throughout the days, I'm not one to re-touch my makeup throughout the day (tramp and proud ;P) so the longevity does bother me a little. It is one of those lipsticks that you wouldn't need a mirror though, just whack on and you're good to go! 

Lastly to comment on the packaging, how can you ever go wrong with Tom Ford packaging? It's looks great, feels great and is generally very luxurious.

Here it is in all its glory! 

































Haha.. I was obviously very happy while taking these pictures! :P

As you can see on the lips the colour transfers as very natural, here I wore it with a 'dramatic' eye. I just did a quick smokey eye using the UD Naked2 palette and the nude colour suits it perfectly.. :) 

Hope you enjoyed reading

IG: @m4ryam

xx




2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous as always! Love the whole look, really suits you noons

    Tips xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)