Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

London Day Out

The last time I had been to London was October last year so a trip was definitely overdue! My mum is off to Dubai with her sisters, so we went down to London yesterday for the day and I returned home on the train by my lonesome self. How I wish I also could've caught a flight to Dubai! 



Here is what I wore for the day. I don't trust the British weather so opted for something cosy but not too warm. 
Dress: Asos
Jacket: H&M
Jeans: New Look
Shoes: Carvela 





I had a fabulous day. Our first stop was Koya in Soho. Koya is famous for its noodles, but what did we have? Rice! I can't complain though - it was amazing! We shared a plate of 'fish and chips' and this isn't any old fish and chips! The chips are thin, like crisps and were served with a delicious vinegary sauce, dip thing. 


We shared the fish and chips between us and then had a 'Ten Curry Don' each. Let me tell you - it is beautiful! I can just taste it in my mouth as I write / think about it. 


The ten curry don is a (very) large prawn tempura served with rice, curry sauce and miso soup (which I didn't even touch). If you are in London definitely check this place out! 

After a delicious lunch, we walked around the streets of Central London and made a quick stop at Liberty before heading off to my Aunty's flat for afternoon tea. 



Sorry, London was so busy (as usual) it was difficult to spend a good amount of time getting some good pictures. This was literally a 'snap and go' moment as there were people everywhere. 

Liberty had this funny display at the back of the store - Carnaby Street. Do you recognise these three celebrity easter eggs? XD 



On to the afternoon tea.. I think it was the food and seeing my aunty after ages that made the day really special. My aunty baked some madeleines and scones and we sat down and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of her amazing new flat! 





Those madeleines were heavenly!


Clotted cream and jam for the scones... yummy!


I drank pink lemonade - delicious! My mum and aunty had their herbal teas..



I'm hoping to be back in London for the day on Tuesday, when my mum gets back.. 

I can't wait already... :)

Maryam



2 comments :

  1. Yay noons, my baking made the cut onto your blog :0)

    Lovely to see you as always :0)

    Tipeen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite post. Should do more travel-outing posts. Awrrsam...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)