Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Model Makeup

Part of my Media Studies coursework is to create an album cover (back, front and inlay) and also a magazine cover and article. I needed a model and didn't have to look any further because of my best buddy Tayyibah who was so happy that I had asked her.
Tayyibah has such a lovely bubbly personality and is so pretty (we'll talk about those cheekbones later!) so I knew she would be the perfect model

On Sunday afternoon, armed with a bag of makeup and brushes I headed to Tayyibah's place ready to do her makeup. 

Products used:
Jouer tinted moisturiser in Nude
Dior Nude Blush/Bronze in Pink Glow 001
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal
MAC eye shadows: All that Glitters, Naked Lunch, Mulch, Tempting, Woodwinked and Black Tied
Maybelline Liquid eyeliner
Maybelline bottom liner
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 68, Candeur 
Chanel lip gloss in 73






Here is a quick step-by-step guide to show you how I achieved the look: 

Face:
After applying tinted moisturiser to Tayyibah's whole face I contoured her amazing cheekbones with the bronze side of the Dior palette. Then applied blush and highlighter. 

Eyes: 
I didn't take an eye primer so I used a touch of the tinted moisturiser across Tayy's eyelids and then went in with MAC all that glitters all over the lid . I then used a pencil brush and Mulch and Tempting eyeshadows to create a V shape. Tayyibah's eyes are a really nice shape and make applying eyeshadow that much easier! I blended it out and added a touch of Black Tied eyeshadow for a little more dimension. I felt like it needed a little something extra so I applied Woodwinked eyeshadow to centre of the lids.  
The eyeliner was the trickiest part especially trying to get the flicks to match but after trying a couple times and with the help of Simple wet wipes we got there in the end!

Lips:

Quick swipe of lipstick and gloss to complete to the look 
Step 1: Applying the eyeshadows




Applying the top liner








What a cutie! 

Cheekbone envy!!! 



Tayyibah applied the mascara and bottom liner herself and I filled in her eyebrows slightly. 
The look was complete with a scarf from Accessorize and a Primark headband 


I am so happy with how the pictures have come out on the lovely DSLR. 
I will be posting the proper pictures in the next post which should be up in the next few days. Here's a sneaky peek cute montage Tayyibah created and posted on Instagram






A huge thank you to my lovely friend Tayyibah for modelling for me! 
Comment below how gorgeous she looks! 



P.S Eid Mubarak to all of you celebrating. Hope everyone has a fab day. 

xxxx




Tayyibah's Instagram 
and Twitter: @MissTHewitt





















3 comments :

  1. Great blog :) and the pictures came out good

    Uma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Omg you are such an amazing makeup artist!! Loving the blogposts!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)