Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

My Eid Day: Thursday 8th August 2013

With each year that Eid comes around, there's always the confusion of which day it is on. Since my family follows Saudi Arabia we celebrated Eid on Thursday. Even though some of my relatives/friends did not celebrate on the same day I hope everyone had/has an amazing day. Eid is supposed to be a happy time so let's not quarrel just because we are celebrating Eid on different days ; ) 

Every year, Eid is pretty much the same in my family. My brothers and father get up early to pray the Eid Salaah, when they come back I'm still doing my hair and makeup! My mum is in the kitchen making the 'Semiya' and 'Halwa' while the rest of us scoff our faces with sweet treats!

This year we were all up early which was a huge change considering our very bad sleeping patterns during Ramadan. My brother and cousin had stayed up all night - crazy nutters! ; ) 
At 10am, we left our parents at home and headed off to my uncle's house, where we would spend the rest of the day. 

There's nothing much exciting to tell you, other than spending 90% of Eid on the trampoline, playing different games - including dodge ball with about 10 of us on the trampoline at the same time and generally having a fun, chilled Eid. And of course Eid would not be the same without the FOOD! Just like every year, we had the brown rice, Samosas, Kebabs, Spring rolls, roasts etc etc. Dessert was great too, my brother made a fab chocolate cake and my aunty made a Victoria sponge and carrot cake. 
Victoria sponge (front) & Carrot cake (back) 




This was my Eid outfit. Just a simple crochet/knit dress, cardigan, black jeans and tan studded wedges, I don't normally do the whole Asian clothes look as my family is so small, nobody dresses up that fancy (apart from the little kids). All the boys looked dapper (MashaAllah) in their blazers and shirts. 

Sorry about the picture quality - bad lighting and my iPhone



My younger brother using his calligraphy set to write Eid cards :)
I hope you all had a lovely Eid! Please comment below letting me know what you did/what was the highlight of your day?


Thanks for reading.


Maryam


Twitter: @Dimples4evr
Instagram: @m4ryam

15 comments :

  1. Aww your Eid sounds good fun alhamdulillah!
    Lil G... *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like you Tayy. It was great Alhamdulillah ; )

      Delete
  2. Iram..I actually enjoyed reading your blog. great first few posts.look forward to reading more dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ;-) pretty dress too... ( the owner of FROG-froyo )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can actually hear your voice like one of those TV shows where the character narrates about their life. Yours is the most awesome so far... Have a beautiful rest of summer holidays.

    Keep the coming you extremely awesome person.

    Guess who!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wicked blog man
    I'm gonna save it on my phone favourite
    It or something and then it saves there....
    Anyway when's the next blog?
    Suprisingly I actually enjoyed reading that

    - John Hicks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Usama you're crazy! Glad you actually enjoyed reading this. Next one in a few days inshallah! :)

      Delete
  6. Nooooooooooooooons Lovely blog! now we want vids!

    Tips xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey maryam! I loved reading your blog! Keep it up! Me and Zeinab just started one, so promote us;) see you soon!

    Saarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey maryam! I loved reading your blog! Keep it up! Me and Zeinab just started one, so promote us;) see you soon!

    Saarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Saarah, thank you!
      I defo will. Good luck with yours
      xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)