Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

My current favourite Mascara - YSL Waterproof Purple Mascara

Last month, my aunty, mum and I hit Oxford street, when we stumbled in to House of Fraser and came across this beauty in the Summer sale. I love checking out high end beauty sales because you can find great products for great prices (well, not as overpriced as they originally are) 

The mascara tube looks like this. I actually spent half an hour trying to get a good picture myself but the iPhone camera does not do this thing justice! Here, I had to 'borrow' a picture from the John Lewis website. I also could not find a decent picture of the purple so here is the black. 








Here are some creepy eye pictures showing the mascara before and after application:


Before mascara application! 




Post Mascara application
I love the way the purple colour makes brown eyes 'pop' as they all say, but I really do find that purple is such a lovely shade not only on brown but almost every eye colour. 












The mascara itself is very lengthening. It's not as volumising but I love the overall effect it gives. I also love that it does not clump my lashes together because I HATE that look!! (On me anyway) 


I applied some top winged top liner, I love this overall look. 


If you have brown eyes I would definitely recommend a purple mascara to you. It's a different and more exciting take on the usual black mascara. 

All the pictures were taken with flash as it is curently very dark and the colour only shines through lots of light - perfect for Summer. 

It is also waterproof which makes it longer lasting but also harder to take off. It comes off easily with an oil based cleanser but not so much with a water based one. 

I bought mine for around £15 at House of Fraser on Oxford Street, reduced from £23. 
It's not a massive reduction but better than nothing right? ; ) 

My favourite thing about blogging is reading your comments, so please leave me a comment in the section below. Let me know what you think of the purple mascara and what your current favourites are!

Thank you for reading

Maryam 

: )


















14 comments :

  1. Hi there! Love your blog! I agree the purple makes your eyes really stand out :). My favourite ysl mascara is the faux cils. All the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes looking shexaaayyy dude...hehe ;) lovin' the purple... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bloke with brown eyes and dark skin will it suit me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bloke with brown eyes and dark skin will it suit me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous noons and your eyes look amazeballs

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this looks well nice! Not used coloured mascara in years! Need to get back on it.

    Fab review

    Halima

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for commenting & following, means so much. I've followed and loved your blog for a few years!
      You defo should - coloured mascara is fab.
      Thanks
      xxxx

      Delete
  7. another fab post iram! eyes looking great...Masha'Allah!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)