Pages

Thursday 27 November 2014

Update - College + Higher Education

Hey guys!

Recently I have been quite absent from the blogging / youtubing world and there are a few reasons for this:

- College stress - Nothing had prepared me for what was to come, but boy I am really feeling the jump from AS Level to A Level! 
- Endless coursework - with two deadlines in the next three weeks the pressure is on so my mind has been elsewhere. 
- UCAS application

A while ago I wrote about being confused with what to do next in my life. And I know many people around me are still feeling the same way. With university applications starting I headed to probably around 6 different university open days around Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Sheffield and London. I am now happy to say I have applied for a Creative Digital Media course and received a conditional offer from two universities which I have accepted! I am so happy that I no longer feel lost / confused / anxious about the future. I researched so many different universities / courses and when I found this particular Media course, I knew it was right up my street and I am honestly so excited to start university! 

I have to get certain grades to ensure my place at the university and if all goes well I could be moving to London next year which is so exciting yet sad at the same time. It'll be great for my blog / YouTube - hopefully I can create better content in a city full of culture and opportunity. At the same time, I am sad to leave my family behind. I am so close to my parents and I feel bad because I already know how upset they will be when I am gone, but I know if I do move they will probably be down every weekend or me coming back home! Yet I am excited to start afresh in a new city, make new friends and have a different environment to work in. 

If you are still feeling confused, here are a few pointers:

- Just a few months ago I was deadset on not going to university. Every few weeks I kept changing my mind. I also thought I would be taking a gap year. Now both of these have completely changed as I am neither taking a gap year and I have applied to university. If you are still undecided, don't worry your time will come. Eventually something felt right for me and as I looked in to university more and visited open days I knew it was what I wanted to do. 

- If you are applying for university find a course that you will enjoy, will be beneficial to you and your future.. Find out as much as you can about it 

- University is not the only option - I initially wanted to do an apprenticeship but I couldn't find anything that I really wanted to do.. Ask advice from Connexions or Prospects, I'm always getting emails about new apprenticeships that are available. 

I'm sorry I know I am not the best at giving advice but this is what I have done and found helpful.. You just have to be independent and go and search for what you want for yourself and what the best thing is for your future

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)