Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

'Smouldering' Smokey eye - My attempt for Amara!

I was asked by my lovely friend Amara to create a smouldering smokey eye and here is my attempt. For some reason, my camera doesn't pick up how dark this actually is but just know that in real life it was pretty dark and dramatic! 

Amara asked me to use the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo eyeshadow cream but I seem to have lost mine :( So instead I mixed two eyeliners mentioned below. 






I started by mixing Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencils in Mushroom & Rockstar to make up for the Colour tattoo that I'm missing but this wasn't bronze enough so on top of this I used MAC Tempting eyeshadow across the whole lid.
I placed sellotape at the edges of my eyes and blended a Black glittery eyeshadow from MAC (I can't take it out of my palette so not sure of the name) but this wasn't dark enough so I used the matte black shade from the Naked 2 palette. I blended these concentrating on the outer corners and blending towards the centre of the lid to create a gradient effect and only blended slightly in to my crease. 

I took the sellotape off and lined my eyes using the eyeshadow shape as a guide. 
I used the Maybelline gel eyeliner in my waterline, tight line and also smudged it in to my lower lash line then used MAC Tempting eyeshadow again on the lower lash line just slightly underneath the eyeliner I smudged. 

On the rest of my face: 

Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation
MAC Margin blusher
Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow highlighter
Maybelline Lipliner in 630 Velvet Beige 
Tanya Burr 'Chic' Lipgloss - dabbed down with tissue as it is slightly too pale for me. 

I hope you like it! 

xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)