Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

I'm back + a 90's Inspired OOTD!

Hi there!

It feels so good to be blogging again and I thought I would update you about what has been going on recently. I was looking through some really old blog posts of mine and it reminded me of how much I missed it. 

Let's rewind back to September: 

I went on holiday to Dubai for 10 days. It was a much needed break and I could do a full blog post on that if you wish me to! My family and I stayed at the Four Seasons Resort which was so beautiful, the weather was boiling and I miss it oh so much! 

October: 

I've had a busy October. I started my first year of university. I didn't move out as I was originally supposed to but I'm still at home which I am happy with. I study BSc Media Production and it's completely different to what I expected it to be like! A lot of maths and science is involved which I have always tried to stay away from post high school but so far I haven't found it too bad. I'm enjoying university life, made some nice friends although I am a bit of a loner! I've joined the Media society and I'm looking forward to helping film for a sitcom show next week which will be available to watch on the Demon TV website. 

November: 

I passed my driving test first time!!! This excites me greatly firstly because:

I didn't think I would pass first time and secondly because I've ordered a Mini which is due in December so now I am so excited to pick it up! The car was ordered about 3 weeks before my test so I was so worried that if I had failed I wouldn't be able to drive it until I had passed but woo! Yay for passing.

Another update is that I don't wear a headscarf anymore. I don't want to make a big deal out of this but it's just a change I have made recently for my own happiness and safety. I haven't felt comfortable wearing it for a long time so I spoke to my parents and they told me to do whatever I feel is right. 

Back to the present day!

I met up with my lovely friend Shahista and we went for lunch and she kindly took some outfit photos for me. I bought this shirt yesterday from Zara, I love that it's denim but also that it's got these quirky little stamps all over it. I paired it with my Monki roll neck dress which is amazing! I had this before but it went in the washing machine and ruined so my mum bought me another (thanks mum :)
I stuck on this really old hat from H&M which is all bobbly and frizzly but I didn't mind it because I didn't know what to do with me ol' hair so when in doubt stick a hat on top! 
Then I realised how 90's I looked so I slapped on a brown lipstick - MAC's Whirl which I am loving at the moment. Not a fan of the matte texture but on the plus side it's really long lasting. 

Details: 
Hat: H&M
Scarf: H&M
Denim Shirt: Zara
Dress: Monki 
Leggings: H&M
Boots: H&M
Bag: Tuscany Leather













You can probably tell I am a really awkward poser, I never really know what to do or how to stand without looking like an obnoxious prat! I did get a few funny looks as I stood on New Walk but ah well. Thanks to the lovely Shahista for standing in the cold with me to take these photos.

Expect a new blog post soon! Let me know if you have any requests or suggestions :)

Maryam 
x


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)