Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Hello December + Current faves

Hi there! 

It has been a long time since I last blogged and this I must apologise for. College has been rather stressful lately so my main priority has been getting my head down and acing those essays ;)
Anyway, today I wanted to write about some of my current favourites. November has passed since I last wrote and December has graced us with it's humble and oh so cold presence. And this can only mean: cold weather, cosy jumpers, short days, Xmas and my birthday of course! 

Ok here go my favourites: 

Beauty: 

My first favourite is the Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon in 06 'Plum Russian'. It's a beautiful deep but subtle berry colour, perfect for this time of year. If you are weary of a deep berry lip this is a great product to layer, a light first layer leaves a subtle pink wash of colour over the lips


The picture above shows one light layer, it leaves a subtle yet gorgeous pink sheen. Also please excuse my lips are horribly dry from the weather and being ill! 


I applied a couple more layers in the photo above :)

Swatched


Many of you will know how much I love my winged eyeliner and I still do, I don't go a day without it. This month I have been loving the YSL Shocking Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils. I actually 'borrowed' this off my lovely mother who doesn't seem to mind that it now resides in my room ; )
It's very similar to the Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner, the shape of these are almost identical as you can tell, so if you are looking for a cheaper dupe you should definitely try the Maybelline, they are pretty much the same thing. 



Fashion:

A snood or any other cosy knit scarf is perfect for this time of year; my friend Tayyibah and I bought matching snoods from New Look. I luuurv the colour and it keeps me lovely and warm while I am out. 



I have been wearing these Dune Wege trainer boots every day! They are so comfortable.. I've had them for over a year now. This picture was taken from my Instagram which was posted 64 weeks ago and you can see they don't look much different (except a little battered) despited being loved and used very much : )



Also a thank you to my lovely friend Faisa for very kindly taking this shot :)




Random: 

The Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5 has been a lifesaver recently. For long days at college, my battery seems to drain really quickly. (This was never a problem before I updated to iOS 7 :( )
But the Mophie Juice Pack has come to the rescue and kept my phone at a high battery perecentage. It does make my phone heavier and bulkier, I've also been told it looks like a landline! Nevertheless, I still love it for it's uses ; )



That is all for today folks.. I will be back VERY soon. You can follow me on Twitter: @Dimples4evr or Instagram: :@m4ryam

I am also expecting my new camera this week so gone are the days of the rubbish iPhone quality pictures! 

Take care :)

Maryam 

2 comments :

  1. Hey Mary! I Luuuuuuuuuuurve your blog! It's really amazing! Miss you, Aniqa xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)