Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Cooking it up Pakistani Style!

Hey guys, 
It was all blood sweat and tears in the kitchen last night.. Ok, no I joke, but it was a hectic and stressful 7 hours in the kitchen preparing and cooking food for my parents (and brothers) as they had returned from a business trip to Germany. To welcome them home, I  thought it would be great to surprise them with some traditional Pakistani food. It was worth it as it went down really well! 

What I made:

-Traditional Pakistani Chicken Curry
- Aloo Baingan (potatoes and aubergine)
- Fresh homemade naan
- Cardamom tea cake 

The recipes for the two curries and cake came from the lovely blog 
www.thespicespoon.com. Her blog is wonderful, each recipe comes with an enchanting story and all the recipes are great. There hasn't been one that I have tried and haven't liked. 

The naan recipe was easy, simple and so delicious. I love the fresh smell and taste of homemade naan - no shop can ever beat that! 


Traditional Pakistani chicken curry 




Fresh naan with butter 



Aloo Baingan - Potato and Aubergine (eggplant) cooked in 
a Pakistani way



Please excuse the background. Rolling out naan = floury worktops : )




 I was so intrigued to see what the cardamom tea cake would taste like. I did burn the outside 
a little and may have slightly overdid it with the cardamom but it was still delicious and I know what to do for next time. 





I'd highly recommend any of these recipes, they went down really well *sighs in relief* 
Let me know if you try any of them

Until next time...

Maryam 


2 comments :

  1. Yummy yummy
    I feel hungry now...
    Seems delecious..
    Worth to try... *_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! It was so delicious especially the potato and aubergines. Quite healthy too, I didn't use much oil : ) Thank you for you comment :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here :)